Having a method to approach conflicts step by step allows to use them as an opportunity to experience growth and create learning. There’s no universal recipe on how to deal with them. Yet, there are procedures and tools that can make the difference, supporting us in developing more options, creating agreements, keeping the relationship and enhancing the connection.
Course detailsTransform Conflicts into Learning is a 6 days training course designed to support educators in developing cross-disciplinary skills and immediately applicable procedures to handle conflicts constructively, creating connection and learning.
The Training MethodWe work mainly with experiential learning: learning by doing and by experiencing. Through active processes and interaction with others you will observe how you deal with conflicts, and discover what and how you can do differently. By direct experience, you will also acquire effective and immediately applicable tools that will support you in implementing the new learnings in daily life. The experience will be supported by theories, lectures, and moments for common sharing and reflection.
Gain a new mindset
Gain openness and calmness in front of conflicts, working on your attitude and reducing fear and anger
Communicate and archive your interests
Learn how to use language to address conflicts in a way that keeps together the interests of all involved
Connection, growth and new results
Experience the challenge as an opportunity to create stronger relationships and more successes in your life
Acknowledge the learning
Gain tools to reflect together with your students on the challenges, acknowledging steps forward and successes
For whom is this training?Educational staff: teachers, headmasters, managers and mentors, adult education and academic staff, trainers.
It is for all of you who see the human relational dimension of your job as a privileged space for learning and growth to happen, and intend to actively take care of it and enhance it.
After the training you will:
- After the training you will
- Have a clear and transparent procedure to handle conflicts guarding the relationship and saving time and energy
- Master skills to recognize, express and manage conflicts
- Handle conflicts with a lower level of anxiety
- Take the next level in communicating effectively
- Know techniques and methods for coping with anger effectively
- Master listening and asking questions
- Identify feelings and needs of yourself and the others, and know how to give space to both of them
- Be able to translate judgements into needs and interests
- Replace compromise with fulfilling solutions
- Keep neutral while mediating between others
- Have a deeper and more practical understanding of 21st century skills